Who is Scar Quilse?

Born in a trowie mound (or Pictish broch) behind Mavis Grind in the North Mainland of Shetland, Scar Quilse is an enigma wrapped in a Fair Isle gansie. Or a conundrum. Or both.

Scar is a distant cousin of the infamous "musician" Zander 'Blind Boy' Flugga, eventually banned from appearances on BBC Radio Scotland after the unfortunate 'Dolphinsludgegate' events.

He is well known in the isles for his peculiar beard.

Monday 30 June 2014

Making History (The Bannockburn Live! Song)

I always wanted to be Robert the Bruce
Bonnie Scotland I would save
I lined the garden shed with loft insulation
And built myself a cave
Then I got myself a spider
From a pet shop in Mothereell
Tied it to a string, watched it swing
Till it began to smell



Mum knitted me some chain mail
From some very lovely Shetland wool
I sprayed it Volvo grey and then one Friday
I wore it to the school
I got a kicking in the playground
They tore my chainmail to bits
I swore vengeance on they English
Even though I lived in Coatbridge

 Oh Bannockburn
Or maybe it was Flodden
Or it could have been Culloden
It's all the same to me
Stirling bridge or Prestonpans
I'm just a simple fighting man
Plastic broadsword in my hands
I'm making history

In our re-enactment society
We re-enact an awful lot
We did the Battle of Jutland
On Queen's Park Pond with some model yachts
for Bannockburn I said I'd be Robert
But it was all stitched up before
I played the front end of Edward the Second's horse
Which wisnae what I signed up for

All rights reserved. By Scar Quilse, 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment